4th Annual Grandparents and Caretakers Conference: Families Caring for FamiliesIf you are a caretaker or grandparent raising or helping to raise, nurture or support children, this conference is for YOU! The conference also welcomes service providers and community leaders who are engaged in working with children and families. One of the workshop sessions includes strategies and resources for supporting education and working with schools.
2014 Grandparent & Caretaker Conference Flyer
When: Thursday, September 11 from 8:00AM-2:30PM
Where: Durham County Human Services Building, 414 E. Main Street
About the Conference
• Grandparents and other caretakers (aunts and uncles, family friends, etc.) supporting children is not a new concept, however, their role as the main caretaker continues to be on the rise and poses challenges for families.
• The sacrifices grandparents and other caretakers make to care for children may call for adjustments and the need to seek resources to adapt to unique family dynamics.
• The one-day conference will bring together grandparents, relative caretakers, non-profit and government service providers and community leaders to discuss the vital role of grandparents in supporting and nurturing children.
• Workshops will be held on law and policy, education challenges, practice issues for service providers and resources for caretakers.
• Registration is FREE and lunch will be provided.
TO REGISTER contact Diane Fening at 919-560-8398 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org