Child Health Assessment and Prevention Program
Healthy Futures Durham Schools is an innovative care delivery model provided by the Durham County Department of Public Health, in partnership with Durham Public Schools and Duke Health, for children residing in Durham County.
Healthy Futures Durham Schools locations provide:
- Immunizations (Shots)
- Kindergarten Physicals for School
- Health Check-Ups for children Birth to Age 18
- Vision and Hearing Screenings
- Dental Fluoride Treatment
- Iron Levels and Lead Testing
Children are screened for autism, development delays and other medical concerns. Additionally, teens are screened for at-risk behaviors and mental health concerns, which include depression, drug and alcohol use.
Healthy Futures Durham Schools enhanced role nurses also provide nutrition, health and safety counseling. When necessary, the enhanced role nurse can also refer families to other agencies for additional support with medical, dental and mental health concerns.
They accept Medicaid, Health Choice, and Self Pay for all services. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina is filed for immunizations only.
To schedule an appointment, call:
- Healthy Futures Durham Schools at E.K. Powe Elementary - (919 287-4185
- Healthy Futures Durham Schools at George Watts Elementary - (919) 560-2555
- Healthy Futures Durham Schools at Glenn Elementary - (919) 560-2211
- Healthy Futures Durham Schools at Merrick-Moore Elementary - (919) 287-4184
- Healthy Futures Durham Schools at Oak Grove Elementary - (919) 560-2327
Para asistencia en español, llame al (919) 560-7500.