Hosted by Durham County Cooperative Extension, the workshops help ANY parent and others better navigate our public schools to help their children succeed from Kindergarten through 12th grade.
We also welcome community members and professionals who work with families and are interested in better understanding the school environment. PFAST works well for PreK parents who are exploring their school options and want to get a jump on the transition. The interactive workshops engage participants and are designed to target key areas of need for parents and students, including:
· Engaging with schools—better communication, better conferences
· Choosing a school for you—unpacking the mysteries of school choice
· Understanding standards and testing
· Maximizing the parent-school relationship
· Navigating the EC—Exceptional Children’s program—IEPs and more
· Supporting your gifted student and understanding AIG programming
· Connecting to school data
· And much more...
TO REGISTEROnline: https://goo.gl/forms/34O9KFE3Xk0VCnFf2
Form: Registration Form - Fax to 919-560-0530 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
See the flyer and registration links above for more information. Light snacks will be provided. Please REGISTER by email, fax, or phone. Call Donna Rewalt at 919-560-0538 for more information. Space is limited and we must have 10 or more participants for a series to start.
Please note this session is in English only. LatinoPFAST / LPFAST in Spanish has a current session running. Please contact Angelina Schiavone at 919-560-7978 for more information.